Photo supplied by Richard Donaldson
||2m x 2m
||Public access to site
||In use since
||1927 - 1979?
1979 - current
||15 - Central
There are concrete foundations on this site of the old original wooden tower.
In the Forest Commission's Annual Report 1927-1928 it states:
"Two fire lookout stations were established during the year. They were: Blue Mount, near Trentham and Clear Spot near Bright.
Blue Mount. This lookout commands a view over the greater part of the Wombat State Forest.
Telephone communications is through Trentham Exchange to the district Forester's quarter".
Please click on thumbnail for enlargement
|1989, supplied by Rocky Marsden, DSE
||December 2008, supplied by Nathan Jolly
This document with historical information on the Blue Mount tower was received from David Endacott in January 2016. David is a member of the Daylesford Historical Society.
Blue Mount had it's cabin refurbished in 2012
||Photos supplied by Andrew Dixon
first 2 taken in June 2012
last 2 taken in Feb 2013
Back to South West
Back to Victorian Towers
Back to Home Page