ELLIS / STYLES
Photo supplied by John Evans
Current: 3m x 3m
|Public access to site
||In use since
||Original: 1936 - 1963
Current: 1998 -
The original tower was called Ellis Tower and was abandoned in 1963.
The current tower is called Styles and is named after Gordon Styles whose career with the Forests Department and CALM (now DEC) spanned 44 years.
Please click on thumbnails for enlargements
||New cabin for Styles tower.
Photos supplied by Allan Jones in 2014
||Photo (2019) taken & supplied by Jack Bradshaw
In Nov 2019, MLC reported: In the Ellis block, named for Gordon Styles - derivation of name. Frame originally part of the lighting system at Leighton Beach marshalling yards.
MLC also supplied a Landscope clipping from 1998. A copy of the clipping can be found here
Back to South West Region
Back to Western Australia Towers
Back to Home Page