||Far South West
||2.5m x 2.5m
||Public access to site
||In use since
||1959 - 1983 original
1983 - current
||4 - South West
Photo (2003) by K.R. Mott and supplied by Fred Aslin
This tower (a Mark 2 style) is privately owned by a saw mill company. It overlooks mainly Pine plantations.
The present tower replaced an earlier one, as there are 4 concrete footings with angle iron cut off at the top of concrete. This old tower was approx. 5-6m west of the present tower. The old footings have "1959" inscribed in them and the new tower has "The Parrots 10-5-83" inscribed in the concrete footings for the ladder.
Above information supplied by Fred Aslin
The cabin has recently (2003) been re-fitted with windows and shutters. The security fence was erected in 2001.
Above information was supplied by Alison McLeod
In February 2007, Hancocks started using their own SMR radio system.
Above information was supplied by Fred Aslin
Back to Far West
Back to Victorian Towers
Back to Home Page