Photo (2006) supplied by Andre Belterman
||Original: See notes below
Current: 2.4m x 2.4m
|Public access to site
||In use since
||1952 - 1973 (original)
1974 - (current)
||24 - North Eastern
Above details and information supplied by Graeme Swinton.
There is confusion about the height of the original timber tower. It varies from 60' (18m) in 1963, 50' (15m) in 1968 to 40' (12m) in 1969 and back to 60' in 1972.
All these details were found in official papers by the Forest Commission.
A report in 1972 gave evidence of cracks in the legs and wet rot was evident.
It was recommended "that the tower be investigated by an expert structural engineer and if deterioration has reached the danger level a new 60' (18m)
steel tower should be erected for the 1973/74 season".
The current 40' (12m) tower (ex SEC) was built in 1973-74 and that had a new cabin put on in approx. 1990.
Please click on thumbnails for enlargements
|Original Mt. Granya
||Down & Out
Above thumbnail photos supplied by Graeme Swinton
The above fotos were taken on the FLO get-together in May 2012. Supplied by Andre Belterman
Back to North East
Back to Victorian Towers
Back to Home Page