Photo supplied by Andre Belterman
||2.3m x 2.7m
||Public access to site
||In use since
||1949 - 1998 (original)
||12 - North Eastern
The following information was found in correspondence supplied by David Bannear.
An official letter from the Forest Commission of Victoria, dated 26th July 1954 talks about "establishing a fire lookout station on a prominent point in allot. 55 Sec. B, Parish of Eildon."
A database supplied by the DSE (formally known as Forest Commission and NRE) has the construction year as 1949!
Forest Commission letter dated 16-11-1967 talks about re-painting the cabin. Materials needed are: 1 gallon pink primer, 2 gallon external u/c white, 2 gallon external f/g white, 2 gallon roofing green, 1/3" paint brush, 1lb putty and 24 sheets of sanding paper. Total cost: $25
The towerman was to supply the labour while on duty.
An SEC letter dated 02-04-1975 is regarding power supply to the lookout.
83m of low-voltage line was proposed at a cost of $300.
A new Toronto cabin and structure was erected in 1998?
Please click on thumbnail for enlargement
Above photos (May 2009) and updated info was supplied by Richard Webb
Eildon tower received a new cabin before the 2013-14 season. Info supplied by John Hopper (DEPI Alexandra)
Above photos (May 2014) of tower with new cabin and view were supplied by Andre Belterman
Back to North East
Back to Victorian Towers
Back to Home Page